[mythtv-users] Migration question: 0.20 trunk to 0.20.2 release

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 03:09:06 UTC 2007

This weekend I'll be migrating my system to 0.20.2.  My current system
is a combined FE/BE running 0.20 SVN trunk code from January.  I want
to switch to a system with FE and BE on separate computers running
0.20.2.  And I want to migrate my recordings to the new backend.

Will following section 23.7 of the documentation (Moving your data to
new hardware) work in this case?  Given that there are likely DB
changes between these two versions, I'm guessing Myth would be
confused if I inserted some records from my old DB into the new one
and some of the fields were different.

If it won't work, any suggestions for the best way to migrate my
recordings?  I probably have on the order of 20 to 30 shows.

Thanks,
Jerry