[mythtv-users] Mythtv 20.2 and Gentoo

pjf at cape.com pjf at cape.com
Sat Sep 1 00:30:26 UTC 2007

Hi Greg,

I know not the latest and greatest of everything but working and stable

I'm running (rather happily) the current portage port of mythtv on my box
I'll fill in the version info in-line with your q's ...

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Craig Partin wrote:
>
>> > I'm upgrading an old MythTV 18.1 box and having some issues finding
>> the
>> > correct versions of sofware / kernel / drivers that play well
>> together.
>> > Can anyone recommend versions of the following that work well together
>> on
>> > Gentoo?

>> > Kernel
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources 2.6.19-r5

>> > xorg
x11-base/xorg-server 1.0.2-r7
x11-base/xorg-x11  7.0-r1

>> > ivtv (if not in kernel)
media-tv/ivtv 0.10.1-r1
 * There are some notes/threads I read that the built in is not quite as
recent and may be deficient in some areas. Also you may need to add some
module load parameters in your /etc/modules.d/ for this driver but for
the most part you really don't need too it autodetects well.

>> > ivtv-fb
         n/a

>> > ivtvdev (X Driver)
         n/a

>> > lirc (Receive on PVR-350)
app-misc/lirc 0.8.1 (though 0.8.2-r1 should be fine )
         kernel dependent versions < 0.9 for this kernel

>> > lirc (Serial Blaster for Cable Box)
         should be the same as above