[mythtv-users] Nova-T 500 musings...

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 09:14:43 UTC 2007

Paul Mason wrote:

> If I understand it correctly, the  option releases the dvb device
> when  not in use so that another program can use it.  I'm not sure
> that would help, I believe the problem occurs specifically when the
> device is in use, not when it's not.

Perhaps there's more than one problem here. I get errors when I'm not
recording stuff, but I do use EIT to grab scheduling data for the DVB-T
radio channels and those not covered by the Radio Times.

I was just wondering whether, since restarting mythbackend clears the
problem and because my testing with re-attempting failed I2C
reads/writes has never failed on the second attempt so far, suggesting
the problem is not within mythbackend itself, the re-initialisation of
the tuners that takes place when the devices are re-opened has the same
effect of clearing the error as completely restarting mythbackend.

Anyhow, I've changed the config on my system.  I'll watch what happens.