[mythtv-users] OEM vs. Retail Drives - Was: Dell dual-quad...

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 00:42:33 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> > I've felt confident enough in NewEgg to order Crucial RAM from them
> > (no problems yet), and have returned at least one item to them without
> > a hitch.
> Yeah, it's just that having to pay return shipping eats up any
> savings over going to a retail outlet pretty quickly.

Oh to live in a place where the computer stores have the kind of
selection NewEgg has!

The only semi-decent computer store I'm aware around here is...wait
for it... TigerDirect!

Their return policy AS STATED does stink horribly, but I've had decent
luck just going in and asking anyway.

I've also had decent luck with NewEgg even when I accidentally forgot
to actually send the RMA for a perfectly functional video card that I
just didn't like when I got it.  I only had to email them and asked
for an extension and they just noted it was going to be late and
didn't give me a bit of hassle.  I'm a huge NewEgg fan!

Of course, when you receive an OEM CPU in just the little plastic
clamshell with a piece of foam, you have to wonder, but it worked