[mythtv-users] Lirc and VNC question

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 18 23:38:42 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
>From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Lirc and VNC question
>On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 01:18:52PM -0700, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
>>    The problem is that since they're one and the same computer (the
>>    one she's watching tv on, and the one i vnc into), she hits live tv
>>    on the remote, and it makes both frontends go to live tv. How can i
>>    set lirc to only control desktop 0?
>>    Also, since i'm on the topic, how can i mute all desktops but
>>    desktop 0? Since i can't go directly into editing mode, i have to
>>    play the episode then hit "e" she will hear the first second or so
>>    of each episode (kinda annoying).
>I would say you want mythfrontend to have command line switches to a)
>mute it's volume and b) ignore lirc.
>I don't know if those switches exist, but that's the approach I'd take.
>Oddly, my sister runs a second FE via VNC, and doesn't seem to have the
>audio problem, I don't think.

the second front end issues kde (?) startup sound thru the speakers attached to the main box. I haven't tried running myth recorded programs thru it since you upgraded (and I'm not tonight, because it's Thursday - if you see weird programs running, stop them. If anything breaks Grey's again.....  and my best wishes to the guy who's trying to record Grey's and ER on one tuner)

Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"