[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital SD lineup available to use, multiple sources

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:17:07 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Daniel Arfsten <darfsten at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Right now it's very confussing using 1 lineup and
> > multiple sources. I may just have to bite the bullet and purchase  another
> > account from SD.
> >
> > My setup is as follows and I haven't gotten it straightened out
> > yet:
> > Master Backend
> > PVR-500 and Firewire pci card
> > -Firewire from SA 3250HD STB (1 CableDigital source from SD (53172) should
> > only have 8 channels)
> > -Analog Tuner (1 Cable lineup from SD with all channels)
> > -Analog Tuner (1 Cable lineup from SD with all channels)
> >
> > Slave Backend
> > PVR-350
> > -S-Video IN on PVR-350 from SA 3250HD (a 2nd STB) s-video out (A second
> > CableDigital source from SD (53172) should have ALL channels)
> >
> > Why would SD make it so that I can add up to 4 lineups but not use the same
> > one again so that I can remove channels that a particular tuner can't get???
> If the Firewire only has 8 channels, probably mostly local OTA
> channels, you might be able to use the "LocalBroadcast" Lineup in
> addition to your "Cable" and "CableDigital".
> You might find a similar lineup for a close by community you can use.
> Where I live there are two CableDigital lineups that have almost the
> same lineup.  Try some nearby zip codes and see if that's an option.

if the lineups are the same you can create different sources in
mythtv-setup that both pull the lineup from the same SD lineup and
then delete the channels that source shouldn't show in the channel
editor. For example, I have one SD lineup for my firewire connected
cable box and my QAM tuner cards. I have two sources setup, they both
look at the lineup but the QAM one has all the non-QAM channels
deleted from it so when I associate it with my QAM tuners Myth doesn't
think they can tune those channels when they can't.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -