[mythtv-users] Shuttle SG33G3 System?

Reid Anderson reidsanderson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 05:13:06 UTC 2007

I'm working out the specs of a MythTV machine I would like to build and
looking for thoughts and feedback...

Shuttle SG33G5 Intel G33 Socket Barebone

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor (2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB)
     I could drop down to a Core 2 Duo at 2.33, 2.66 and save a little or a
Core 2 Duo at 3.0 for the same price as the Quad 2.4...

2GB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM
     I could go up to 4GB, but that seems like ridiculous overkill...

Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 7200 RPM 1000GB SATA-300 Hard Drive
     I could use two smaller drives, but one big one leaves an empty spot
for another big one later...

pcHDTV HiDef TV Card (using the PCI slot in the Shuttle System)

[Some PCI-Express TV Card] using the PCIe slot in the Shuttle System
     Looking for thoughts on a PCI-Express TV Card, HiDef and/or Hardware
Encoder would be nice, and a remote would help but that could be separate...

[Some DVD Burner]
     Anything that can burn recorded shows/movies to DVD for portability and
playback in standard DVD players, and do so reasonably quickly...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!