[mythtv-users] LiveTV Fails To Start Because of Recordings? How Do I Resolve?

Bruce Perryman bperryman_us at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 12:15:27 UTC 2007

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
(Note the trimmed message and the not-top-posted reply...  Hint, hint.)

Just a guess--as you haven't said anything about your location, yet--but
based on your e-mail address's ending with "_us", I felt I should
mention that if you are setting up a Myth box in the US (or any of North
America that's served by Schedules Direct), you should /not/ be doing a
channel scan.  Instead you should use "Fetch channels from listings
source" (and should not click on "Scan for channels"--i.e. don't do
both, use "Fetch" only).

Mike
Well, Mike, thank you for your response. And thanks for the hint! My apologies, again.

I haven't 'fetched' only 'scanned'. Is using Schedules Direct a requirement?