[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Rossco rossco at whyza.net
Thu Nov 29 09:44:10 UTC 2007

I should probably add that i did actually determine that it was the
recordedseek table that was slow for me via the myslq slow logging
feature, before converting to innodb.

/etc/mysql/my.cnf
log_slow_queries        = /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log

during peak usage, slow sql query time on recordedseek was over 30 secs
before the conversion, and after, was typically around 0.5-1.5 secs

I found I could further adjust the slow log timeout setting via
phpmyadmin and further tune other 'slow' tables by converting to
innodb, but providing questionable additional benefit.

so while I am certainly no sql expert, I'm confident recordedseek was my
biggest bottleneck by far before converting to innodb.