[mythtv-users] Q to community: is SMP stable for You people ?

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 28 19:06:52 UTC 2007

Warpme wrote:
> Hi *
> I'm wonder about experience of all SMP minimyth users: do You have
> stable playing of LiveTV/recorded TV under SMP configurations ?
> I'm testing minimyth 0.20.2.-31b12 (SMP kernel as I remember)
> on ASUS M2NPV-VM with AMD X2 4400 and sometimes playing LiveTV or
> recorded TV just freezes.
Are you using OpenGL as timing ?
I have lockups with OpenGL timing, it also causes all kinds of other
strange 'playback  speed' issues so I am back to RTC timing instead.

I have tried endlessly to get 'perfect sync' (at 50Hz that is since I'm
living in PAL country Netherland) and mythfrontend runs with OpenGL very
smooth but locks up occasionally.
With deinterlacing on (Bob) somehow Mythfrontend can't keep the pace up,
it runs OK and buttersmooth for a few seconds then skips 3 frames ahead
and so forth.

My current frontend is built on the same board but I use the BE-2350 for
powersaving reasons (it does run very cool!)