[mythtv-users] mythbackend and mythtv-setup fail after svn

David Herman dherman516 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:32:15 UTC 2007

<snip>

  Dave,

> Can you narrow down what commit this was caused by? Take a look at this
> ticket http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4234 I believe it is the same
> issue you may want to add comments there to try and help get the problem
> resolved.
>
> HTH,
> Ben

<snip>

This has something to do with the UPNP fix. If you rename your
mysql.txt(find them as they are all over; /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt;
~/.mythtv/msyql.txt; /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt) to mysql.txt.old and
try it, the problem goes away (although it defaults at that point)

I actually tried rewriting the mysql.txt's to be consistant and point to my
hostname and it still threw that error (only not specifying the hostname
fixes it)

I also found that even though Myth functions, the status port is no longer
functional

My config is Backend/Fronetnd on same box.

Just my 2 cents
Hosts file
localhost 127.0.0.1
MythTV 127.0.0.1