[mythtv-users] Migrating primary backend
goofygrin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:16:59 UTC 2007
I've got a main backend that's a piece of proverbial poop and I bought some
new hardware to upgrade it this weekend. I've got a couple front ends that
are slave backends for comm flagging (all tuners are in the main backend).
I'm going to start fresh on the new server since the old one's on a crusty
hard drive (that's really loud!).
My plan of attack is:
1. Build the new server
2. Get Mythdora (my distro of choice) up and running and upgraded and move
all my custom scripts over to the new box
3. Move all the tuners over to the new server and get their drivers running
4. Backup the db on the main backend
5. Restore the db on the new server
6. Point all my front ends/slave backends to the new backend
7. Burn the old backend
Does this sound about right?
Thanks in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users