[mythtv-users] wakeonlan the backend at boot from a client

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:01:11 UTC 2007

that is not a big deal, but it will not help you much, because network
connection gets initiated pretty late. you could do it much earlier
with a initrd file, but it would require more work.

if you want to do it easy way, check the scripts in your rc.d or
init.d folders and find the one which gets the network connection
(IP). run your script as soon as this command is over.

M.

2007/11/26, Yves de Brauer <ydebx2 at free.fr>:
> Boleslaw Ciesielski a écrit :
> > Yves de Brauer wrote:

> >  >
> >> Could you be more precise. How it is called during boot up ? And what to
> >> change ?
> >
> > Did you look at ifup-post? Towards the end you will see how it's calling
> > ifup-local. Just add the call to ether-wake to ifup-local (create one if
> > it doesn't exist).
> >
> > Bolek
>
> Ok. I have made some tests. ifup-post is called twice at boot time.
> ifup-local does not!
>
> I'll see that later.
>
> Yves

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche