[mythtv-users] Any way to hide certain conflicts in Upcoming Recordings?

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 07:42:48 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 10:20 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> It might be interesting to have some sort of conflict level setting.
> For instance, "don't show me conflicts on programs whose priority is
> less than x." Then it would be a global setting and probably much
> easier to implement and no mucking about with existing recording rules.

That was my original thought but to me that would be more likely to
trip someone up.
I could set this global priority setting today at -20 but then every
time I add a new
rule I have to remember this.  My wife and kids might not know this setting and
change a priority below this hiding their conflicts.

If it is a part of the rule I only set it once when setting up the
rule.  Someone who
doesn't know what it means would leave it at the default.  (Changing
the default for
something you don't understand is silly and they deserve what they get IMO).

A global setting would certainly be easier to implement though.  In my
setup the easiest
thing would be just exclude "Record a showing daily" from the
conflicts list but I
don't suppose that would be of general use.  That's the great thing
about open source -
I can do what's best for me.  :)