[mythtv-users] MythVideo Scripting

Adam Branaugh abranaugh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:32:00 UTC 2007

I have a question on a way to order the videos in MythVideo.  Right
now I have 3 tv shows in their own folder, with each season in a
seperate folder.  Then each episode is names in this fashion:
EpisodeNumber EpisdoeName.

I don't like the episode number there though.  I have edited the
database where all the metadata is stored and added a boolean field,
and a int field.  The boolean is a true of false that would be checked
if it is a TV show or not.  The int field would be for the episdoe
number.  Now what I would like to do but do not know of a way to do
it, would be to set each Episode of the tv show in a category named TV
shows.  Then if the TV shows cateogry is applied, I would like it to
sort by this int field episodeNumber, otherwise sort by the title.

I dont' know if the boolean field is necessary or not.  I was thinking
about not having any category but decided the category idea might be
simpler.  I added that without thinking everything through completely
but that can be changed easily.  I think there is a way to do this but
I do not know how to program in C++, I only have experince in PHP and
Java.  I was looking at the videofilter.cpp that came with the
MythPlugins package.   What would be the best way to do this?  I
probably could figure out what to code if someone could help me figure
out what exactly it needs to do and where it should be placed.

I am currently using MythDora by the way, don't know if anything was
changed when MythDora was created in that script.  I want all the
videos to show, the movies and the TV shows at the same time, not just
one or the other.

If you need any information please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Adam
--
You have just recieved a message from Adam Branaugh