[mythtv-users] 1TB external for $199

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 02:03:38 UTC 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 9:45 AM, David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2007 10:27 AM, Sean Goodpasture <goofygrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Single SATA drive inside.
> >
> > I just told the wifey this weekend that when 1TB drives get to around
> $225 I
> > was replacing my 500giggers...
> >
> > Well at $200, I couldn't resist and bought 2 (the max you could buy).
>
> When you get the home and spin them up, can you let us know just how
> loud they are?
>
> TIA,
> Dave

Well I went to BestBuy and they actually had a couple on the shelf.  I used
a handy 10% off coupon, so I got a couple for $180+tax OTD.  Pretty cheap.

Anyway, I spun them up to make sure they worked before I pulled them out of
the enclosure.  They are somewhat loud spinning up.  I wouldn't want one in
my front end.  I'm going to have them in a file server up in a closet, so
it's no big deal...