[mythtv-users] Mechanical cable splitter

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Nov 21 18:02:12 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 11:58:56AM -0600, greg at nodecam.com wrote:
> I think if you go back to the very start of that 27 year period, you'll
> find that remote controls were not in common use.  I'm 32, and I remember
> the first time I saw a remote control - and it was connected with a wire.
> Just a nitpick, I'm sure you don't remember a time without remotes. ;)

IR remotes were common around 1975 or so, I believe; they were preceded
by ultrasonic remotes with tuning bards; I have in my possession the
first TV set to *have* a remote control; a 1950s Zenith with a pistol
shaped flashlight and 4 CdS cells; channel-up, channel-down volume
low-medium-high, and... I don't remember what the 4th one did.  Power;
I think.

I wonder if anyone can still repair it.

I have a polaroid of Apollo 11 taking off shot from it...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA