[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 21 15:36:48 UTC 2007

On 11/21/2007 10:15 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> But to most users, a file with video on it is a file with video on it,
> regardless of it's origins. Is there any specific reason why Mythvideo files
> shouldn't use the same storage mechanisms as recorded data?

Because you haven't written the code to integrate MythVideo into the
backend/frontend, yet.  :)

>  OK you'd probably
> have to set various flags in the database entries differently, but even so. If
> you have a mechanism for storing and managing video files, why not make use of
> it? If I had hacked up^W^Wdesigned MythVideo, the existing file management would
> be one of the first things I would have looked at. Why re-invent the wheel?

Great.  You've got a starting point.  Make sure you talk to Anduin, too,
as I know he has some ideas on how it should be (eventually will be)
implemented.

(This is only half joking.  If you really have the skills (or motivation
to learn the skills) to do this and you're interested in doing it, the
code would be much appreciated by users and devs, alike.)

Mike