[mythtv-users] Playing ripped videos: out-of-sync audio at times

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Nov 21 14:12:41 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 20 Nov 2007 15:19:50 -0500,
Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote :

>>   When playing videos ripped by MythTV, sometimes the audio is way
>> out of sync.  Terminating mythfrontend and immediately mounting the
>> iso file and launching xine on it ('xine dvd:/mnt/disk') does not
>> show this problem.

> There are some configuration options relating to how MythTV syncs
> audio to video. Unfortunately, I don't recall their exact locations
> in the configuration GUI or their exact names, but you could try
> perusing these menus to see what you can find and experiment with
> these settings.

I guess the unsettling thing with this is that xine behaves correctly
reagrding the audio sync when launched from a Gnome terminal but does
not when subsequently launched from Mythvideo.

Only this fact would lead me to look into process forking usage or
thread use (whichever is used to spawn the xine process).

Also troublesome is that while fiddling around playing videos and mpeg
files from Mythvideo it will happen that going back to a previously
out-of-sync video will then give good results.

But then, that might be only a video setting, but surely is not a
stable problem.

Al