[mythtv-users] User job not executing

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Nov 20 00:12:29 UTC 2007

> Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> I created the following user job to test exporting too xvid but I don't
>> believe its executing, I dont get any errors and it runs from the
>> command
>> line without any problems any pointers where I should be look would be
>> great.....
>>
>> My user job looks like this
>> /home/mythtv/xvidexport.sh %DIR% %FILE%
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> VIDEODIR=$1
>> FILENAME=$2
>> /usr/bin/nuvexport --mencoder --infile=$VIDEODIR/$FILENAME
>> --path=/storage/videos/new --height=576 --width=720 --mode=xvid --
>> deinterlace --nonoise_reduction --cutlist --noconfirm --nice=19 >
>> /dev/null
>> &

> Have you checked the backend log for clues? It's usually in
> /var/log/mythtv/.
>
> Jon

Yeah I have there is nothing logged in the backend log, are user jobs
executed on the frontend or the backend? not that it matters for my setup
I'm currently running a combined FE/BE but I'm just curious I've now
turned on --verbose jobqueue on the mythbackend to see if there is any
further information there is there any other debugging I should enable?

Anthony