[mythtv-users] knoppixmyth, HDHomeRun, and QAM?

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 18 16:56:48 UTC 2007

I just installed the latest KnoppixMyth on my laptop, and all looks ok for
now, but I'm having troubles getting dvb-utils' scan to read from my HDHR
box for QAM capture.

I found

which, thus far, is helpful. When I run the scan as shown, I get

root at mythtv:/usr/bin# scan
scanning atsc/us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
main:2247: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 2 No such
file or directory
root at mythtv:/usr/bin#

What is the correct syntax for QAM on the HDHR?