[mythtv-users] Can mythrename.pl work with multiple storage locations?

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 16 19:59:18 UTC 2007

I'm running 20.2--so I don't use the multiple storage locations feature
in SVN. I have three backends each with their own local recording
storage, and I use a 'crossbar' architecture of NFS shares so that each
BE has access to all recordings.

This works well enough for scripts, but it's somewhat problematic when I
want to access a particular recording directly via NFS/SMB share, since
I have to hunt through each servers' recordings to find the desired file.

I'd like to run mythrename.pl with the --link function and have it
create an 'aggregate' folder with symlinks pointing to multiple BE's.
The problem is that mythrename is programmed to only operate locally,
and to delete existing symlinks in the target dir (which prevents me
from just running it once on each machine).

Has anyone done this already, or can anyone provide suggestions? How
does mythrename work with the multiple storage locations feature in SVN?

Jon