[mythtv-users] multirec supported tuner cards

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Nov 16 14:37:25 UTC 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 4:00 AM, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a list of supported  ( or should work / does work ) tuner
> cards that work
> with the multirec stuff?
>
> I've got two HD Tuner cards:
> b2c2-flexcop: initialization of 'Air2PC/AirStar 2 ATSC 1st generation'
> at the 'PCI' bus controlled by a 'FlexCopIIb' complete
> bttv0: detected: DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite [card=135], PCI subsystem ID
> is 18ac:d500
>
> How do I find out if either will do the multirec sutff?  I don't want
> change something that
> works for something that won't work because I've got the wrong
> hardware.....

My understanding of multirec is this:

It works with DVB cards that record digitally (not analog capture cards,
etc)
It will allow recording of multiple programs from the same multiplex at the
same time

So how useful it is to you, assuming you have DVB cards (which it appears
you do), depends greatly on your provider and how many channels are on the
same multiplex.  If you want to see this, use a tool like phpmyadmin to
browse your channel table to see which channels have the same mplexid.

Kevin