Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Fri Nov 16 13:58:41 UTC 2007

Kevin Nelson wrote:
> The mobo only supports 6 SATA connections, so i'm guessing that I can
> only have 6 drives in a RAID configuration via the mobo's native RAID
> hardware. Since I am planning on using a Chenbro 3U chassis that has 8

Correct, as far as it goes.

Depending on the SATA controller, it may be possible that
you can use a port multiplier, which allows you to connect 5
drives per port - Giving you a total of 6*5 = 30 drives
possible.

Support for these devices is going into kernel 2.6.24.

You would then use Linux software RAID. Or, with SVN Myth,
storage groups.

Cheers,

Allan.