[mythtv-users] Multiple directories
nico at youplala.net
Fri Nov 16 13:41:26 UTC 2007
On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 13:02 +0000, David Watkins wrote:
> > Now I've read on the wiki that the MythVideo plugin can handle
> > directories. This is great!
> > The wiki lacks details like that for TV. It shows it can make the
> > difference between LiveTV and recorded programs. But can I tell it
> > recordings can go in 2 different directories?
> If you're running the SVN development version then yes, you can define
> multiple storage groups for recordings on different drives. If you're
> running the stable version then no, mythtv will only search one
> location. You could of course replace your recordings with symbolic
> links to files stored elsewhere, and I think there are scripts around
> that will let you do that.
> > What about MythMusic
> Yes, mythmusic will search for subdirectories on remote drives.
OK, thanks for that.
Oh well, the most flexible setup is still LVM, so I'll go that way (and
loose a bit of reliability, though).
1. physically install new disk
2. make one big lvm partition on new disk
3. create the physical volume using that big partition
4. create the volume group with that single physical volume
5. create the logical volume using the whole size of the volume
6. format it in XFS
7. mount it on the side
8. move over the myth content to the logical volume
9. unmount the logical volume
10. umount the old myth content partition
11. change the old partition's type to lvm
12. make it a physical volume
13. add it to the previously created volume group
14. grow the logical volume
15. grow the xfs filesystem
16. mount the logical volume in the proper place
17. change fstab
More information about the mythtv-users