[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Nov 16 12:39:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm planning on adding a second hard drive in my Myth box (backend
+FrontEnd_DB).

I did not plan ahead properly and do not have any LVM or stuff that
would make adding things like that transparent.

I do not want just to mount the new drive on /var/lib/mythtv or any of
its subdirectory, I would be wasting space.

Now I've read on the wiki that the MythVideo plugin can handle multiple
directories. This is great!

The wiki lacks details like that for TV. It shows it can make the
difference between LiveTV and recorded programs. But can I tell it that
recordings can go in 2 different directories?

What about MythMusic and MythGallery?

Thanks for your help.

in the worst case I'll go through an LVM setup with all the data moves
involved.

Nico