[mythtv-users] gutsy tv_grab_au not appearing in backend

Kevin Hayes wondecla at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 16 10:22:05 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:21:46 +1100
John Brown <info at johnbrown.com.au> wrote:

> Kevin Hayes wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:01:49 +1100
> > John Brown <info at johnbrown.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> Another problem I am having -- after just doing a fresh install of
> >> ubuntu gutsy on an AMD64 and installed mythtv frontend and backend -- is
> >> that I can't get tv_grab_au to appear in the backend setup
> >>
> >> The only grabbers listed in the backend are:
> >> North America
> >> EIT
> >> No grabber
> >>
> >> ... none of which are much use to me in Australia...
> >>
> >> Nothing changes even after I install /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_au
> >>
> >> How do I get the grabber to appear?
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > If /usr/local/bin/ is not in your path, try putting it in /usr/bin.
> > tv_find_grabbers default is to only search PATH.
>
> /usr/local/bin/ is in the path
>
> Other ideas?
>
> John

What do you get from running tv_find_grabbers?
you should get something like:

 haze at slakmyth:~$ tv_find_grabbers
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au|Australia
/usr/bin/tv_grab_be|Belgium
/usr/bin/tv_grab_ee|Estonia
/usr/bin/tv_grab_is|Iceland
/usr/bin/tv_grab_it|Italy
/usr/bin/tv_grab_no|Norway
/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt|United Kingdom/Ireland (Radiotimes)

tv_find_grabbers is part of xmltv.

--
Kevin Hayes