[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV on your mobile phone?

mythtv at futures.com mythtv at futures.com
Fri Nov 16 04:40:37 UTC 2007

I already have this on my Treo 700p. I do have to do some conversion of
the MPEG2 -> 3GP + AAC stereo audio and fit to a 320x240 screen size,
but that is fine for talking head shows.  This plays back fine in the
bundled Kinoma 1.x video player that comes on the Treo.  HDTV is not
worth the trouble so far. 1080i-> 320x240 loses way to much visual info.

The primary limitation appears to be available bandwidth on Sprints data
network.  It looks better than most SprintTV offerings, so I'm not
complaining.

I can post my scripts if anyone is interested. They are basically
modified versions of this MythTV website entry:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Stream_mythtv_recordings_to_mobile_devices