[mythtv-users] mythtv & the future of HD

Jason mythtv at arizonanet.org
Thu Nov 15 01:16:32 UTC 2007

Sure you can get them but not in a format that mythtv can record in HD.
Tivo HD uses cable cards to decrypt those channels, something mythtv
probably can never support.

I think Mythtv is limited to analog cable, and broadcast HD for the
foreseeable future.  Its fine by me, I'm OTA only and use blockbuster
online rentals to fill almost everything I'd watch on cable.