[mythtv-users] mythtv & the future of HD

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Nov 14 19:28:26 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Brad DerManouelian
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:21 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv & the future of HD

On Nov 14, 2007, at 11:04 AM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

Hello, I was thinking of getting a HD Home Run for my myth setup. That got
me thinking...since everything is moving slowly but surely over to hd (cable
and satellite included), what are other mythtv users' plans and thoughts
about not being able to join in on the HD fun? In 2-3 years, will mythtv
users be dropping off in favor of HD cable and satellite box DVR's? What do
you guys think?
-Steve

I have HD on my myth box. What fun am I missing?

You surely don't have espn, mtv, mtv2, tnt, tbs, hd net, all those channels
are in HD. Also, you can get many more HD channels now like HBO, Showtime,
and many more. Since there is no way to get these HD channels on myth, and
since more and more channels will be going to HD, i was wondering how mythtv
users would cope with not having HD channels except for the free local
stations. In a few years, most of the stations will be in HD. Right now it's
mostly fine, cause you don't miss much, but I'm talking about a few years
down the line.
-Steve