[mythtv-users] Cleaning up stale recording rules?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Nov 14 18:04:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 10:48 -0700, Brian Phillips wrote:
> > So are you afraid there's a bunch of "satisfied" rules out there that are
>
> > saying "don't record this show, we recorded it last week" or something
> > like that?
>
> In my case, and I'd assume it's his as well, there are many programs that
> are a "show once" type thing, and the rule should not need to hang around.
> It doesn't mean weekly series, it means a football game that is live, or a
> movie during sweeps week.  There's really no reason to keep those rules
> around because the recording is not a weekly series or such.  I don't even
> use the "recording schedules" screen because it's too cluttered after all of
> these once-in-a-while recordings.
>
> Brian Phillips

I agree.  Similarly, "find once" rules should be deleted once they have
found and recorded the show.

It doesn't seem to be the case for me - I have some "find once" rules
showing up in mythweb that I know have already recorded the show in
question.

Sure, I want Myth to remember that I've recorded the program, but I
think the rule should get deleted once it has served it's purpose.  I'm
guessing fewer rules makes life easier for the scheduler.

It's not that difficult to go into mythweb, sort by rule type, and
delete a load of stuff every now and again, but it's something that
could be automated.

Robert.