[mythtv-users] Mythbackend occasionally upon reschedule

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 07:35:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 4:06 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Constantly pinging the backend status page is "known" to cause
> mythbackend to crash.  I'd bet that your proactive approach to handling
> the crashes--monitoring with monit so you can restart after a crash--is
> what's causing the crashes.

Heh, I wrote a Google Gadget that grabs the xml data from the backend
and parses it to show the current state of my tuners and stuff.  I
found that it would cause the backend to crash intermittently too.  I
assumed it was a problem with the backend, but I had no idea it was a
known-issue per se.

Well done Steve on updating the wiki.  Your note is what prompted me
to search for this post and confirm it all.