[mythtv-users] myth2ipod/nuvexport

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 14:01:57 UTC 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 11:16 AM, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 11/11/07, Chris Isip <cmisipster at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >    On Nov 8, 2007 3:26 PM, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >        On Nov 8, 2007 12:03 PM, Stephen Robertson <stephengrobertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >        > I wonder if anyone is having any success with exporting video to an
> >        > ipod, specifically in this case one of the nanos that can do video if
> >        > that's relevant.
> >
> >    I got this from the net somewhere  and seems to work well for my ipod touch.
> >
> >    #!/bin/bash
> >    rm -rf tmp.mpg* 2> /dev/null
> >    mythtranscode --mpeg2 -i $1 -o tmp.mpg
> >    /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i tmp.mpg  -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128k -s 320x240 -vcodec h264 -b 300k -flags +loop -cmp +chroma >-partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me umh -subq 5 -trellis 1 -refs 1 -coder 0 -me_range 16 -g 300 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 >-i_qfactor 0.71 -bt 300k -maxrate 300k -bufsize 300k -rc_eq 'blurCplx^(1-qComp)' -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 15 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -level 30 -aspect >320:240 $2
> >    rm -rf tmp.mpg* 2> /dev/null
> >
>  >
> >Thanks - this worked quite well for me for my iPhone.
> >
> >In case anyone elses tries it - to make it work on a recent ffmpeg -
> you need to change 'aac' to 'libfaac' and 'h264' to 'libx264'
> Anyone got any clues why I am having problems using this?  The error
> I'm getting is below.  A far as I can tell I have the aac codec
> compiled in.  Probably something obvious as usual!!
> Thanks
> Stephen

Knew there would be something obvious!  Somehow in my mucking about I
had two ffmpeg one at /usr/bin and one in /usr/local/bin.  When doing
ffmpeg -formats it was picking up the /local one but the script went
to the other one.

However I'm not a huge amount further ahead.  It now runs and produces
a video file which if I load up with quicktime on a windows pc then it
plays and I get audio but just a blank screen instead of any image.
If its any sort of clue I get a movie fps of 25 but a playing fps of 0
from the "movie inspector" part of quicktime

I've tried reducing the commands passed to ffmpeg to  a minimum with
the aim of getting some sort of output and then gradually add them
back in to optimise it.

I have tried it with
/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i tmp.mpg  -acodec aac -ac 2 -ar 44100 -ab 128k
-s 320x240 -vcodec h264 -b 300k $2

I'm just a bit puzzled if other people are having success.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list