[mythtv-users] HD-DVD

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 03:46:18 UTC 2007

Jack Burghardt wrote:
> I wonder what  the steps need to be taken to play HD-DVD on mythtv.
> I compiled svn versions ffmpeg and mplayer and I am thinking about
> buying xbox hd drive. If I was to rip my hd-dvd to my hard drive how I
> go about adding them to mythtv to play them?

I am considering the same project and I have already ordered a drive.

My first suggestion to you is to get some sample/example "EVO" files and
see if you can get mplayer to play them (use your favorite search engine
to find them).  I could play most of the examples, but I could not get
the EAC3 audio tracks to play -- even after I applied a patch for EAC3
audio I found.