[mythtv-users] "Internal" player problems

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Nov 12 23:31:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, November 13, 2007 12:09 pm, John wrote:
> I'd start the frontend and backend from a terminal
> window and once you load the DVD do an alt-tab and
> look at what the window says as it's usually pretty
> good at telling you what's going on. Also, Gnome and
> KDE could be trying to mount the DVD while it's trying
> to play which will give you dvd busy errors. You may
> want to install fluxbox and try it from there.

starting it over ssh is good too, sit in front with your laptop, ssh in as
the mythtv user, set DISPLAY=:0 and start mythfrontend. Then you can watch
the stdout on the laptop and the screen on the main box. No need for a
keyboard on the myth box.

also on topic with this thread you can set up different media players per
file (in video manager) and per file type (in video setup).

Nick Rout