[mythtv-users] deleting from telnet interface

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon Nov 12 19:07:30 UTC 2007

Jason Joines wrote:
>     What I want to do is manage my recordings from a remote low
> bandwidth connection.  I've tunneled VNC back through SSH but it was too
> slow to be usable.  Had the same problem with the web interface.
> However, using the telnet interface was just fine in this regards.
> Something like an ncurses based frontend would be ideal.

I used ssh to my machine, then lynx (or some other text-based browser)
to connect to localhost/mythweb one holiday. This was because I went
away in a hurry and I already knew how to setup a secure ssh connection,
but didn't know how to setup secure apache open to the world, so this
was the quickest solution. It was pretty tedious to browse through
mythweb via a text browser, but it just about worked.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T