[mythtv-users] start recording less than a full minute late

Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) pashworth at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 12 13:46:29 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
>From: Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>late
>On Monday 12 November 2007 03:11, Bill Williamson wrote:
>> On 11/12/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
(well, one those three wrote)
>Actually it's part of the thing I groove on with Myth the most - the ability
>to ruthlessly strip away or skip over all the filler that substitutes for
>real programming. Once I got into manually skipping stuff I really started to
>notice it. I mean, does a half-hour news program, which actually has 20
>minutes of programming, need to spend the first minute (1/20 = 5%) telling me
>about the next 19 minutes?

you should try ET! eek. it's far more than just the first minute - they do it again at every commercial break. jeopardy as well, can be cut to 18  minues or less. (I've had a week of Every Entertainment Show, with Donny Odmond's father's death and the WGA strike. Those shows are exhausting! i love fast forward. thank you again, mythpeople)

Pam from Boston
"You're going to have to explain it. Bear with the rest of us mortals as we stumble blindly along in your shadow." -- Stacy, in Sy's House fanfic  "Of a Thursday"