[mythtv-users] Time Warner Cable with VisionTek ATI TV Wonder HD 650

Arpotu arpotu at apathynews.com
Mon Nov 12 03:40:12 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I recently purchased an "ATI TV Wonder HD 650 PCI" card and, using the
Windoze software it comes with (as a test), I cannot get it to scan for my
Digital Cable channels.  It will scan analog, but that's not what I'm
looking for.  Would MythTV be able to do it?  The card has 3 inputs:

1) DTV/FM - I assume my digital cable would go here, but??
2) TV - This appears to be analog only - it finds local stations but not
digital.
3) AV IN - This is effectively composite in.

If this card won't do the trick, does anyone know of a card that will?
I'm really looking for something that will replace my TWC cable box.  I
know this is a noob question, and has probably been answered a zillion
times before, so if you want to just point me to a resource that lays it
out for me, that'd be good too.

By the way, when I record with with card, using the Cable Box, the video
is very clean and clear, so I'm not unpleased with the quality.

Thanks,
Arpotu.