[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome and ACPI wake up

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Nov 12 00:00:39 UTC 2007

Ma Begaj wrote:
> 2007/11/11, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>:
>
>> In MythWelcome press F11 to show the MythShutdown/MythWelcome Settings
>> page set the following:-
>>
>> Command to Set Wakeup Time: - Add the name of your script here to set
>> the wakeup time using ACPI. The time will be passed as a parameter. Your
>> script should return  '0' if you want to shutdown, '1' if you need to
>> reboot or '2' if something went wrong.
>>

> How should the script know whether I want to shutdown or reboot? I
> will check this out,
Whether you need to reboot or not depends on your motherboard/BIOS. Some
BIOS, at least when using nvram-wakeup to set the alarm time, need a
reboot before it writes the time to the RTC. If your system wakes up at
the correct time after setting the time using ACPI and then shutting
down then your script needs to return '0' so that mythshutdown knows not
to perform a reboot.

> Mythwelcome's wakeup time did not work for me
> long time ago, but it might have changed in the meantime.
>
> M.

In earlier versions of mythshutdown the format of the time that was
passed to the command to set the time in the BIOS was hardcoded. There's
been quite a few changes to mythshutdown over the last few months to
make it more flexible including a new setting that allows the time
format to be specified.

Paul H.