[mythtv-users] Branch differences?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:25:10 UTC 2007

2007/11/11, Ismo Tanskanen <ismot at telemail.fi>:
> Sorry about newbie question, but what are differences between mythtv
> branches?
>
> If I look at svn download area I see:
>
> auto-configuration
> commdetector2
> commflagging
> multiuser
> mythexport
> mythmusic-ui
> mythtv-channel-scan
> mythtv-eit
> mythtv-multirec
> mythtv-pip
> mythtv-qt4
> mythtv-vid
> mythui
> mythweb-ui
> release-0-18-fixes
> release-0-19-fixes
> release-0-20-fixes
> settings-revamp
> softpad
> themestringstool
>
> Then there is trunk version. I understand -fixes versions, multirec and
> trunk, what apparently is latest code?

trunk is the latest code. the different branches are for testing
purposes (like multirec or multiuser) before they sometime in the
future become a part of the official release.

> But what are those else? Is there any good description about branches?
I can only guess according to name that:
-qt4 is for QT v.4. MythTv is working at the moment with QT3.
-pip is for PictureInPicture although I have no idea what is being
done there, because I believe that most of the people are not using it
(I was using it a few months ago, but I did no like it because PIP was
in square format, not in 4:3)
-eit stands for Event Information Table which is a part of DVB-SI
(service information). EIT contains EPG data
mythmusic-ui is probably some kind of new gui for MythMusic, because
there were a few discussions on the list about the current gui.
multiuser is the same as others branches and devs are using this
branch for multiuser feature in mythtv

> And major differencies on 0.18 , 0.19 , 0.20 and trunk versions?
check the changelog in wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Release_Notes

M.