[mythtv-users] Alternative Commercial Cut Mechanism

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:06:42 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 10:57 AM, nik gibson <nik.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get the attached error when attempting to transcode files that have been
> pulled from firewire.  There's an open ticket on the issue and it doesn't
> look like it's
>  going to be resolved anytime soon so I'm looking for another way to cut
> commercials out of recording  using a command line tool.
>
> If anyone has a command line tool that works to just do a comercial cut
> using exact frames from an MPEG please let me know.  I'm able to get the
> cutlist through mythcommflag --getcutlist so I have the exact frames I  want
> to remove.
>
> Thanks!

I use projectX as it solves an other problem for me (sometimes bad av
sync with mythtranscode).

Attached is my script to do the cutting. You will have to change all
occurrences of jmd1 to your host name and you may want to change the
temp folder location.

You can download projectX here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x

John