[mythtv-users] Mythtv on FC6 -> Fedora7 Upgrade

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Nov 11 00:33:48 UTC 2007

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 10:44:52PM +0100, Ralf Kleineisel wrote:
> George Galt wrote:
>
> > Anyone been able to find a good guide for getting mythtv running on
> > CentOS?  I'm OK with updating on Fedora, but I built a system for my
> > dad and upgrading it via SSH from 500 miles away every 6 months is a
> > little much (for both him and me).
>
> His Fedora box will not stop working just because it is 6 months old ;-)

But it will stop getting security updates and if it's a myth box
attached to the net, it will be exposed and a target. Although not
every 6 months, but rather every 12 - the Fedora release & support
model allows you to skip an interim release.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net