[mythtv-users] Dummy Capture Card

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Sat Nov 10 03:55:41 UTC 2007

I have an HDTV that has a firewire port that I can use to capture shows.
  Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work with mythtv.  Anytime my system
attempts to record, no data is received.

The good news is that I have a shell script that works 100% of the time
that I currently use with an "at" job.  What I would like to do is
create a fake capture card that will never record anything.  Then I can
use a channel changer script to launch my shell script (in the
background) that will capture the video and put it in place of the empty
file that will not be recorded.  Finally, I can run a "user job" to move
the captured file on top of the empty file.

Any ideas?