[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase scheduling

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Thu Nov 8 21:56:52 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> So this week we found out that mythfilldatabase will run during prime
> time.  On an AMD 1900 with 3 tuners, even in SD, that's pretty
> exciting.
>
> The setup asks which hours should be permissible for mfdb to run, but
> apparently the "Allow provider to suggest" checkbox overrides that.

I've noticed that mine is trying to run during primetime as well.  This used
to not be the case as of maybe a week ago.  Mfdb would reschedule to run 24
hours after I ran it and always at 6:30-ish in the morning.  Now it's trying
to run at 5:30 PM tomorrow.

Is schedulesdirect responsible?  Maybe they're implementing some load
distribution and not considering that we don't want to update our db's
during primetime...  If they are, I suggest the ticket requesting they don't
"suggest" we run during primetime.

I'm running on a P3 550 MHz Slot 1.  Needless to say, every database access
is noticable, and a mfdb is insane.

Brian