[mythtv-users] xv "green screen"?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:15:15 UTC 2007

I'm running SVN post -vid merge on a newly re-setup frontend running
on Kubuntu Gutsy. I'm only using xv for output (no xvmc), and I've
noticed that randomly MythTV and mplayer will show a weird green
screen or multi-colored patchwork of a screen when they begin to play

Audio works fine and the system doesn't freeze or anything and killing
X allowing mythfrontend to restart fixes the issue, but I never had it
on this hardware with the previous Kanotix install.

I imagine it could be the driver? but figured I'd see if anyone else
had a similar issue and know the fix before i start playing around.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -