[mythtv-users] missplaced error message?

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:01:12 UTC 2007

> > All,
> >
> >   I've been running my mythtv setup for about a month now, and I am
> > quite happy with it.  There are occasional problems, but that is to
> > be expected with such a complex system and an inexperienced
> > administrator.  My question right now concerns the quoted text below:
> >
> > "Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2007-11-07 18:33 and ended on
> > 2007-11-07 18:33. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new
> > data into the Guide for 1 of 1 sources. This can indicate a
> > potential grabber failure."
> This could mean that you've set your system up to run mythfilldatabase
> twice a day instead of once a day. The first one would work correctly
> and the second would find no new data and report this message. If you
> set up a cron job to run mythfilldatabase AND have the backend set to
> automatically run it, that's what is happening.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  I haven't set anything external to run
mythfilldatabase, it only runs when the server runs it (I set the setting in
mythsetup (or whatever it's called) to "run mythfilldatabase when
recommended" or something to that effect).

> > Since my system has been up and running, I have seen that message on
> > my /mythweb/status page.  Despite seeing this message, everything
> > one would expect to happen when mythfilldatabase runs happens, as in
> > I always seem to have current listing data and the list seems
> > complete. I wasn't concerned with this message at all until last
> > night when I noticed a discrepancy between my frontend machines list
> > of recorded programs and my backend/frontends list.  For some
> > reason, a show I recorded Monday night fails to display on my remote
> > frontend system, but I see it listed on my backend server and I am
> > able to watch it.  I'm not sure if the problems are connected, but
> > it does seem to indicate a potential database problem.
> >
> > So are these problems related?  If not, any clues as to what would
> > solve one or both of the problems? Please let me know if any further
> > details would be helpful.
> Make sure you are using the same Group Filters on the frontend and
> backend/frontend systems.

I'll check on this.  I don't recall changing any filters, and I certianly
wouldn't try to eliminate  this one show from any list, but I'll take a look
to see if something changed without my knowledge (or if my wife messed it

> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20071108/0eaf440e/attachment.htm 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list