[mythtv-users] Programs no longer recording -- sql rights? Hostname change?

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:36:32 UTC 2007

On 11/4/07, Matthew Dansereau <matthew at dansereau.com> wrote:
> After making said changes mythtv on both systems seemed to work great.  I
> could access my "videos" & "my recordings" on both systems.   BUT I did
> notice that during boot time the system would freeze about 2min loading
> "sendmail"....

The sendmail hang is caused by a missing line in your /etc/hosts file:

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost

This happened to me somehow this weekend when I was adding a new NIC.

It might be that mysql needs this as well.  Or that you have a
mysql.txt file around pointing to localhost.