[mythtv-users] Lost programs?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Nov 6 22:44:45 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Damian wrote:

> I finally got mythrename.pl working (thanks to everyone's help! I
> found
> it compressed somewhere slightly different to expected in my Mythbuntu
> instillation).
>
> Unfortunately though, running the link option confirms that MythTV is
> already showing me everything that's there. I can not find one single
> episode of Pocoyo! Maybe a 15 or so episodes to 0 episodes over
> night. I
> can not imagine how this happened.
>
> I'm not going to loose any sleep over the lost programs as I can get
> lots more, but I've certainly lost a bit of confidence in my system.
>
> Damian

If they're in fact gone off disk, then they either auto-expired or
were deleted. If you keep logs, check them for what happened.
Something like:
grep "Pocoyo" /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

If you keep logs in your database; then use the mysql client like this:

mysql -umythtv -p
<enter your password>
mysql> use mythconverg;
mysql> select  * from mythlog where details like '%Pocoyo%';
mysql> exit

You should see something in your logs that will tell you if they were
expired or deleted.