[mythtv-users] Upscaling SD content on an HDTV set

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:16:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 2, 2007 5:23 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> > Boy, never thought of that before.  Are you saying it is more CPU
> > intensive to create an interlace signal that an full 1080p signal?
>
> Not really, but a lot of video drivers don't support interlaced video
> well.  So it can be hard to configure.

But this would be going by the assumption that the alternative (to a
1080p set), would be an interlaced, 1080i set, no?  IOW if you have a
more common 720p set, this doesn't quite apply right?  Well, aside
from the scaling that would be going on, but again there the distance
rule would apply.  Just bringing it up because I myself couldn't
afford a 1080p set, but plugging up my 720p over HDMI was a snap.