[mythtv-users] Hard crashes of mythtv backends

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Nov 5 23:13:51 UTC 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Michael Rice wrote:
> Anyone running xfs or jfs and ivtv that doesn't experience these
> crashes?

I haven't experienced backend crashes.  I'm running 0.20.2, with XFS,
using ivtv on a VIA system, which according to this list should
guarantee me no end of lockups and crashes, yet somehow it works.
Sometimes MythMusic locks up the frontend, but the backend has been
pretty stable.

Now that I think about it, I did once have loading the MythWeb status
page crash the backend.  It hasn't happened again, though.  I think
this is a known bug.